Monday, March 2, 2009

Handmade knitting needles


One of the bloggers that I follow is Wendy. Wendy makes some very pretty knitted and crocheted items. I think Wendy is just too smart as she has started making wooden knitting needles.

These are handmade wood knitting needles and are US size 10, they are 12 inches long. These are made of a light weight hardwood called "Ramin". This wood resists warping, and withstands bending and crushing. The needles are topped with a painted wood beads. They are stained and then finished in a beeswax, so there is no varnish to ever chip or peel. Wendy test the needles for usefulness and they are smooth and do not snag.They are not only elegant but functional.
Wendy has several needles to choose from at her etsy store. So if you are in the market for some new knitting needles, check Wendy's store.

2 comments:

Rosalyn Manesse said...

I bought a big bunch of long bamboo circulars from Amazon of all places, and I just love to knit with them. I've got a set of the straight bamboo ones, too. But I got a couple of wooden crochet hooks, but I find them to be too light weight!

Heather at My Coupon Coop said...

Ooh, those are beautiful! I'm going to favorite her Etsy store. Thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails