Tuesday, December 29, 2009

More Goodies & stuff

I'm scheduling blog entries for the upcoming week as I will be finishing up getting ready for the packers to be here on Wed. The moving company is almost as picky as the airlines. They want the pictures off the walls and stacked. They won't take firearms, liquids, food, etc. So the guns will be put in a storage compartment under the backseat, the liquids will be put in a plastic tub with a lid in the back of the pickup and the food stuff will be give to a neighbor. I also got a plastic tub to put my quilts in. The movers aren't taking my quilts! lol

Thursday when the moving truck pulls out we will load the pickup and get on the road. Our plan is to drive about half way and get a hotel. Half way to my mother's house is only about 4 hrs but we feel like that will be enough for Lacy, Nikolas and Greg. Plus I do not want to be on the road on New Year's eve as it is just to dangerous. Friday morning we will go on into my mother's and spend the night at her house.

Now on to the good stuff, Betsy must have thought I was a really good girl as she sent me lots of goodies.

The fabric on the left is actually a kit with a pattern called Emily's Winding Ways. The fabric at the bottom is corduroy and it is just beautiful. I think it would make a beautiful bag.


Nice threads that I will put to good use, a little bundle of fat qtrs and check out that pattern. I can't wait to make all of those items for my sewing room. In fact, I had planned to take the pattern and some fabric with me so I could start sewing on these items until the moving truck arrived but my mother has tea towels and bath towels waiting on me to embroider for friend.

This panel is just beautiful! Click on it so you can see it better. I have made plans for it and I can't wait to get started on it.

This panel would make a wonderful gift for a friend who loves birds but I think it would be awesome for me also.


3 more days

Note: The moving company called today to go over everything that had to be packed and loaded. They are hoping to get everything packed and loaded on Wed., so if they do we will pull out in back of them.





4 comments:

Betsy said...

I love love that panel when I bought it for you. I hate sewing panels and I knew you would make it look good. I bet it would look fab in your new place too.

CraftyGryphon said...

Safe journey! Drop us your new addy once you're settled, so we can ply you with New Home packages!

Toni said...

I've seen that panel in person and you are so right, it is gorgeous!!

I've been thinking of you and sending lots of prayers for moving day and now for hubbykins!

I was also thinking remember when we use to do weekly goals...I think that is one of my new year's resolutions, to get back into that habit! That way I might get caught up on things ;)

Pat said...

I love that panel and am sure I have it, too. I will have to look for it as I know just where I will put it when I have it done. Good luck with the move!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails