Wednesday, April 27, 2011

10 Minute Block hahahahahahaha

My first block probably took 30 minutes. I just could not wrap my brain around that folded pieces of fabric. When I finally got it I apologized to the woman in the video for threatening to slap her. It really wasn't her fault that I wasn't as smart as Barb and Hetty. If you haven't tried the 10 minute/3 seam block, the possibilities are endless with this block.
Close up
I think I will add a narrow border using the polka dots. My quilt finished at 40" x  60".

I've cut enough blocks for another quilt using some really ugly fabric. Hey! Ugly fabric wants to be loved.

Happy quilting!

7 comments:

cottonreel said...

Bit of a giggle really , I watched thew video several times , but got it in the end . Wonderful . I love cathedral windows so I shall take it one step further--cottonreel

Sandra Henderson said...

Tee hee... I needed a chuckle, thank you. ;)
I DO love it!

Laurel H. said...

HA! Cindy, you are too funny! I HAVE been curious to make this block, though. Your version makes me even more ready to tackle it--in my free time, of course. :)

Toni said...

The technique is a lot like your flying geese method. I wonder how it would look if you adjusted the sizes and shape - I love the cathedral look! I want the book now too :)

Rosalyn Manesse said...

remarkable quilt blocks, looks like fun

Jean said...

I tried it too, I changed it a bit...but haven't gotten back to it. Love the fabrics in yours...looks great!

Barb said...

Your quilt is going to be awesome...I just love it....and I bet those ugly fabrics will make a wonderful quilt...isn't this fun?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails