Finally, I got the time to start on my flower garden quilt. I decided not to use all 25 flowers, I pulled out the duplicates. I wanted to fuse the flowers to the background but I knew it would take a lot of fusible so I had this roll of wonder under and thought I would give it a try.
It did take a while to get all those little snippets on the back of the flowers.
My plan was to lay the quilt in the floor and fuse the flowers to the quilt. Hubbykins had a stroke, he was sure I would scorch the carpet. Hello! I'm quilter I know how to iron press quilts. So I put it on the bed.
It looks like more flowers are on the left than on the right. So I'm thinking I might make some smaller ones for the right side. Anyway, my idea didn't work on the bed so I ended up pinning the flowers. I will be double checking A LOT.
This entry was pre-scheduled for about a week. Well, last Friday I had about 8 flowers applique'd and I got the urge to get this baby finished. All day I worked on the quilt taking a break about every 45 minutes because my back would start spasming. I put the duplicates back on the quilt but it is finished. Now the search for the perfect backing will start this afternoon. It isn't a huge quilt just big enough for me, 50" x 65" but I love it and look forward to using it.
I can't decide to quilt butterflies on it or birds. I really like the birds but butterflies would go better with the flowers.
I hope when the quilt if finished that my quilt holder is at home.